Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thing #6

I love Colr Pickr! I just finished the dyslexia institute and we learned about helping kids write using color poems. Colr Pickr would be a super useful and simple tool to inspire kids while writing and then help them illustrate their poem as well.

I like the Trading Card Maker, but found it difficult once again to find the images I needed and was permitted to use on this site. I used my own image and was about to get it posted to my blog through flickr-- pretty cool.

I tried to use a photo set on Flickr to make a mosaic and couldn't get it to work. The idea looks pretty cool. I'm going to send out some feelers to see if I can get some help, please comment if you have been successful with this. When I tell it to create, it keeps showing me a blank screen and gives me all the options as if there is a picture there. Hummm...

3 comments:

  1. How do you get a link to be just a word, and not the whole url? Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I edited my last entry and was able to just do the hyperlink thing. Somehow I had missed that bit of instruction, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent point about using it with children who are dyslexic. Never thought of that.

    ReplyDelete