Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thing # 5



Flickr is an interesting site. I'm still trying to think about the variety of ways I could use it as a resource in my lesson planning and implementation. With the duty of making Flipcharts using the ACtivBoard, I decided I could use it to illustrate examples of neighborhood vs. city. My third graders seem to stuggle with the difference between the two areas; neighborhood and city. Here are some of the few great examples that I found on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. One of the great things about Flickr is Flickr Creative Commons. You can find great copyright "friendly" pictures to use. I feel it is so important to teach digital ethics and to guide students in finding digital images that the author has given permission for people to use.
    However one of the drawbacks to Flickr are the choices! You will find that students can get bogged down in finding the "right" pictures and get behind in the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might be fun to post pictures from a field trip on Flickr. Then all students would have easy access to it. I did not realize all the copyright issues. This is something I need to teach my students.

    ReplyDelete